Saturday, January 17, 2009

LOST Season 4

I finished season 4 of LOST on DVD last week. I am still pondering where they plan to take the plot arc in season 5 and grinding my teeth in frustration that it is going to take a year for me to get it on DVD. I wish they converted TV as quickly as movies!

In the meantime, I think I'm in love with not only Desmond now, but also with Sayid, too. I know that Sawyer and Jack are the "fan favorites," but Desmond has the whole Odysseus thing going on, and since I've always found Sayid intriguing, seeing him in a tux during season 4 put the frosting on that. So many pretty men on that one tiny island....

Even the villains are good. I have grown to find Benjamin Linus one of my favorite villains ever. He is menacing and dangerous, capable of screwing with anybody's mind, a truly ruthless killer, but also urbane, cultured, and a man with a bone-dry, ironic sense of humor. He gets some of the best lines in the show. Even when he's getting beaten by someone, one always knows that he is going to turn the tables somehow. It's scary.

I'll have to assuage the gnawing curiosity of how they're going to resolve the issue of Locke in a Box (I won't say more in case you're a person who hasn't seen season 4) by rewatching it from the beginning. I haven't done that yet, and I think that knowing all that I do will let me catch a lot of interesting details that I probably missed the first time through. At least I will be ready for the new season when it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....