Monday, January 21, 2013

Wonderful Things

(a list)


  • Watching my Pyrenees run, frolic, and splash wildly in the creek.
  • Having said Pyrenees warm and dry and leaning on me as we drive down dirt roads.
  • Driving down red dirt roads.
  • Having just enough coffee left to make a pot.
  • Watching a new coffee maker produce said coffee.
  • Drinking that coffee from a new Fiestaware jumbo cup.
  • Sitting in sunlight streaming through the window.
  • Knowing that if I want to, I can go take a nap.
  • Knowing that if I do go take a nap, four-hundred-and-eighty-seven cats and dogs will pile up in the bed to nap, too.
  • Listening to the rumbling purr of a small, plump, striped cat.
  • Having a vehicle that stops when the brakes are pressed.  (Mine currently does not do this.)
  • Driving a big, brown, battered farm truck with enough pulling power to move a small moon.
  • Hearing the quiet chiming of agate windchimes and thinking of Brazil.
I think I hear a nap calling me.  It's been peaceful today.  I hope yours has been as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....