Sunday, October 27, 2013

Random Bits

Today, BBC America had lots of Doctor Who with Ten in it on.  I sort of got sucked into that, and once again, I was astonished by just how good David Tennant was in that role.  Sure, there were moments that were WAAAAAY over-the-top.  The remote-controlled spinning Christmas trees of death come immediately to mind.  Even those were lots of fun, though.    The show swung back and forth between humor and absolute heartbreak.  I can't watch those last episodes, really starting with The Waters of Mars.  They are so terribly sad....  

I've spent the weekend holed up, reading mostly, watching tv, sleeping.  I finished a reread of Wicked, and I remember now why I never bothered to read the rest of those books.  I think it is one of the most depressing books I have ever read.  The Broadway show is such a perky, cheerful, and heart-lifting thing.  I cannot see how they ever drew it out of the original, to be honest.  I kept telling myself I was going to stop reading it, but I hate to abandon a book.  There's a certain feeling of accomplishment that comes from finishing something, especially something that becomes an endurance race.

I'm trying to get mentally ready for the week to come.  Friday was...a tough day.  I had to give more than I had in me.  There were several times when I just wanted to go down the hall to our little breakroom and lock the door behind me.  

Obviously, I didn't, but the thought was there.  I don't much like that.

So, I'll keep distracting myself with random bits.  Right now, it's Sherlock reruns.  Soon, it will be bedtime.  Then tomorrow will be on me full-force.  Maybe all the random bits will be enough to help me through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....