Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another D--- List

Just what you wanted to read, right?  Sorry.  I'm not up to a rhapsody in print.  You get this or you get black ramblings.  You choose.  Yeah.  That's what I thought.

Things I Enjoy Thinking About Right Now:

  • The Kodak Brownie Autograph I bought today.  It's delicate, functional, logical, and lovely.  It is absolutely art.
  • Atlas Shrugged.  I can't stop reading this book.
  • The Soul Skin from Levenger I ordered.  I want it now.  I have no patience.  Get here, damn it.
  • The metallic royal blue color I just painted my toenails.
  • The fact that my pit bull will come and drape herself across me in a "hug" every twenty minutes or so just because she knows I need it.
  • My roses are blooming again.
  • Ito En Green Tea only gets better when it approaches room temperature.
  • Someday, they will fix the church organ, and I will get to play it again.  Someday.  It's been six months.
Things I Don't Enjoy Thinking About Right Now:
  • I dreamed about D. recently.  That hasn't happened in a long time.
  • I feel as if I've lost a little of my "muchness."  Probably why D. showed up in my dream.  He only shows up in my dreams when I feel like hell, smiling and politely reminding me of all my inadequacies.  He was the king of them, the one who taught me just how much I fail to measure up, so it's only natural that he shows up when I feel this way.
  • I am not Dagny Taggart.  There is no John Galt.  
  • My roof is leaking.
  • I'm tired of being alone. 
  • My father actually told me he worries about how much time I spend online. (This was after I installed Chrome on their computer, set the apps and extensions there up for them, updated everything else on it, walked them through how to use it, and helped him order something from Amazon.)
Pluses and minuses.  Tonight, I can see which column is heavier, and it has nothing to do with the number of items in it.  Maybe I'll rotate out of this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....