Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Johnny and June

Just saw Walk the Line for about the 100th time.  God, I love this movie.  I will be on a Johnny Cash kick for days now.  The ending always makes the battered little romantic heart in me sigh.   My favorite part of his proposal is when he tells her that he's not going to make her be the little Dutch boy in with her finger in the dam anymore, that she's his best friend and that's why he wants her.  Their love was so full of impossible things, mountains most people would have looked at and simply walked away from without even trying to climb, addiction, exes, stardom, but look at how gorgeous it was.  It was the best friends part that made that possible.  That's what I want.  I want a best friend I can fall asleep with and get up with and face my own impossible mountains with.  I hope he's out there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....