Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Briefly

...because I am not supposed to be doing this right now.  I'm supposed to be getting dressed to go somewhere,  but I stopped long enough to check in on the electronic universe and got pulled in....

Isn't it funny how something you look forward to becomes something that falls a little flat?  How something that should be a cause for happiness becomes sharp around the edges unexpectedly?  I had that experience yesterday, and I'm still feeling the aftereffects of it today.  I feel like I accidentally let somebody down, like if I'd only done this or that, then everybody would have been happy and....I don't know....there would have been dancing glitter unicorns or something.

It's dangerous to second-guess.  It's dangerous to look back.  I know that.  That's how people get turned into pillars of salt.

I can't stop myself, though.  And I'm having all the pleasure and success with the endeavour that's to be expected.

I'm getting out of the house soon, anyway.  Maybe that will help some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....