Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pie and Casserole

Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy. ~ Unknown

Today, I went to PT and did a grueling hour and a half of work on my knee. I upped my reps and weights, and by the time I was done, my knee felt like Jell-O. I make more progress every time I go. I stayed on the Rocker board for a full five minutes today and then did twenty squats. I think I'm going to get one of those things just to keep around the house for fun while I'm watching TV. I get a kick out trying to keep it absolutely still, and I have often wondered if I could balance on one foot with it at all.

When I got home, I went and got groceries. I bought stuff to cook with for the first time in a long time. This afternoon, I made easy key lime pie with that Real Simple recipe that I like so much. I always forget how much it makes. It fills two crusts and then there is always a little bit of filling left over. What to do with those leftover spoonsful? Hmm.... Or perhaps the sound to make is, "Yumm..."

The pies are currently firming in the freezer, and for dinner, I made a favorite Mexican casserole. It's an old recipe that's extremely easy, and even though I'll have leftovers for days, it was great actually to stand at my stove and prepare food again rather than microwave something.

In a little while, I'll go and slice one of the pies. I may also break out my cheap copy of the Goonies I picked up from the sale bin at Wal-Mart. It has been a peaceful and good day full of simple little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....