Friday, July 31, 2009

Wasn't That Unexpected?

I got up this morning with a day's worth of little chores on my checklist. I got my hair cut first; I'm back to a shorter, more shaped cut a la Indiana. I scheduled appointments for "back to school," including a manicure my parents are treating me to as an indulgence.

After I left the salon, my next "to do" items were both at the car dealership, scheduling two long-overdue major maintenances and trying to get a burned-out turn signal replaced. Of course, nothing is ever simple, and after a two-hour wait, the turn signal turned out not to be burned out at all. During the time the car was sitting up while I was recovering from my knee surgery, apparently a rat had lunch on the wiring leading up to the turn signal, and now it will have to be rewired.

This wasn't what I wanted to hear, but the news was somewhat softened by the incredibly cute mechanic who came out to deliver it. Despite the fact that it's the place I usually get my oil changed, I've never seen him before, and I would remember. The funny thing is that he wasn't really any of the "types" that usually catch my eye, dark eyed where usually it's the blue ones that snag me, bearded where I usually go for clean-shaven, and a little shorter than me when I usually have a huge issue with that. I don't know what it was. It was unexpected and nice, especially in light of the impending repair bill when the part comes in and I have to go back to get it fixed next week at the regular dealership service center. I guess if the bill is too shocking, I can always walk over to the quick oil change section and see if I don't feel better with some cute-guy-therapy. (I'm also thinking they have lots of luscious Dodge Chargers on this lot, too. If we could just put these two things together somehow....wicked, wicked grin....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....