Monday, July 26, 2010

All Is Well

The surgery is done, and Dad is now in the CRU recovering.  We are hopeful that with this, all the pain he's been having with every step is going to disappear, and he can start to return to full activity again.  He's hurting now from the procedure itself, but he already seems better than he did this morning before he went in.  I think it's just the knowing that the actual surgery itself is done now, the part we all feared is over and now the healing can begin. 

For all my fear yesterday, I felt so calm this morning when I woke up.  I just knew somehow that things were going to be okay.  Everyone I met at the hospital today just reinforced that.  I felt blessed.  I still do.  I think I'll sleep tonight and sleep well.  This is the first time I'm saying this in more than a month.  It feels good to say.  It will feel even better to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....