Wednesday, December 29, 2010

So Be Careful What You Read, Bebes....

Recently seen in a tweet:

"Other people will seduce you in person. An will seduce you via text."



It's true.  Words are and have always been weapons and tools, the sword in my hand or the hammer, but they are also jewels and delicacies, and they absolutely have the power to entice, to seduce, to snare like a thousand silken ribbons winding around the soul....  Words capture me constantly.  They move me, make me cry, make me laugh.  God knows I spend enough time with my head in a book or reading poetry online, bugging friends and acquaintances alike with a phrase that struck fire in my soul.  It seems only natural that words, then, would be a part of love, too.

I don't know that I've ever tried to use my words this way on anybody, not on purpose, anyway; I've got some poetry that might qualify, but it's not exactly written to a specific person, and it's definitely not the stuff that I read aloud when I do open mic nights. Wonder what would happen if I did take my words, rattled them around a bit, and applied them for that end, though?

Fear not, gentle reader.  You are perfectly safe.   Nothing blue coming through the interwebs to discomfit you.  I'll try to keep all the words here as innocuous and harmless as possible, okay? (laughs wickedly to self)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....