Monday, December 27, 2010

Visit

We went to see my uncle today.  He wasn't well.  He was drifting, unable to stay awake for more than a few minutes.  His pupils were tiny.  I don't know what kind of or how much medicine they have him on, but based on what I saw today, I think he's getting too much of it.  Of course, since we are not his guardians, there is no way for us to do anything about it.  My father has complained, both politely and not, to the facility administrators and to his doctor numerous, numerous times, but the situation persists. 

I know his health is complicated, and maybe this is as good as it can be.  It just bothers me.  I don't like the thought of him staying so detached from everything. 

I have no way of knowing if he's that way all the time.  We are simply not there often enough to know.  I can only hope that they are doing what they are supposed to be.  It's incredibly frustrating and not nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....