Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You Can Let Go Now...

A friend of mine I rarely see anymore sent a word of greeting through another mutual friend the other day.  This friend is familiar with a certain very challenging situation I find myself in, and so she sent me a message.  She told our other friend to tell me that she'd said hello and "you can let go now." 

It struck me forcefully.  That's the kind of thing whispered into the ear of someone critically ill, clinging to life in the face of agony because of some obligation unmet, some last purpose unfulfilled, to let that person know s/he doesn't have to keep enduring.  They're words of release.

Is that what I've become?  And if so, why can't I feel some clear sense of being released?  Of being allowed to go?  What is the reason I can't let it go?  I have prayed for guidance on this, but each time I've seriously considered some other choice, I have had the strongest sense that the time was not right. 

So is she right now?  Can I let go now?  Should I?  I wish I knew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....