Sunday, April 10, 2011

And the Transformation is Complete

Make very sure you can read the caption.  I just got reading glasses today, so I guess I just need to grow my hair back out, put it up into a bun, and the transformation will be complete.  Damn.  And I do mean damn.  This is not who I wanted to be.  I am now the old-maid schoolmarm, glasses and all.  It wasn't enough that I'm built like an Amazon Queen, am interested in all manner of geekery, am mostly socially graceless, have my nose constantly stuck in a book, and have my mind constantly stuck in another world.  Now, I'm the living fulfillment of the Dorothy Parker phrase as well, "Men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses." 

And that's totally unfair, by the way, since guys in glasses tend to be so terribly, terribly cute and sexy.  Glasses make guys look smart and delightful in most cases.  Case in point:

Would you kick him out of the bed for eating crackers?  He's lovely without the specs.  But when he puts them on....

Why doesn't it work that way for women?  I just can't imagine any hearts are going to flutter (if any hearts have ever fluttered for me, something I think unlikely) over mine.  Damn.  Damn, damn, damn.

I am not saying women can't be attractive in glasses.  I know lots of attractive women who wear glasses all the time.  I'm just saying that I do not personally feel that these help me out any myself.  I'm just saying that I hate becoming a cliche.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:10 PM CDT

    \[']-[']/
    o
    \___/



    glasses are cool.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....