Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mixed Bag

Things that are good:

  • We're making real progress in getting ready for the state test.  Our prep camp seems to be working.  The students seem to enjoy it, and I feel more confident about them than I have in a very long time.
  • My cousin is coming home for a long visit.  He's more like a brother than a cousin, and I haven't seen him in a very long time.  I am so excited that he's actually going to be here.
  • There are fewer than 35 days remaining in this school year.  I might be able to do that.
  • There are fewer than 70 days remaining until I can go geek out with my fellow AP teachers in Louisville.
  • Topamax has taken ten pounds off me.
  • I didn't have a headache today.
Things that are bad:
  • I've started having more missing and mispronounced words than usual.  The Topamax is dancing around in my head like someone with a fork making scrambled eggs.  It's terrible.  It makes me feel like a fool, and not in a carefree, happy way.
  • I have way, way more bills than money right now.  I don't know what I'm going to do about that.  Trying to ignore it isn't exactly working.
  • I'm fighting losing battles on many fronts.  I don't know how to turn these defeats into victories, or if it's time to fold tents, cut losses, participate in other cliches, and walk away.
That's life in Podunk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....