Monday, April 11, 2011

Things I Did and Things I Didn't Do Today

What it says on the tin.

  • I did not go to my pottery class tonight.  
  • I got hugged a lot today. 
  • I had that Sonic New York hot dog and a banana shake, both of which I am becoming dangerously addicted to.  (Please forgive the prepositional ending.)
  • I did not have a migraine, although it was a very near thing at times as the storm arrived.
  • I saw a former student I have been SO worried about (ref. hugs above).  He's not currently being shot at in a foreign country, and so I feel better about life.  
  • I did not get wet.
  • I wore Chaco flops and a silly Shakespeare shirt.
  • I continued to appreciate the advice of the Sunglasses Hut salesman.  (Thank you, sir.  Polarized was the right choice, indeed.)
  • I did not adjust well to the new reading glasses.
  • I got at least one student comment on said glasses. (sigh)
  • I got Super Glue on my fingers.
  • I got Super Glue off my fingers.
  • I did not use the Force, the Voice, or any other might or gift to destroy the pompous or the arrogant despite all provocation.
  • I forgot to recharge my iPod.
  • I dropped my handkerchief.
  • I was confessed to by a student.
  • I forgave said student.
  • I read several good poems in stolen moments and smiled.
  • I leaned against a red brick wall and pretended I was somewhere else for five-minute intervals every fifty minutes.
  • I wished I had a tiny giraffe so I, too, could be "epic win." (and you may not get this one if you don't have DirecTV.)
  • I drank far too much Diet Mountain Dew.
  • I did not leave on time despite all my best efforts to the contrary.
  • I prayed for Japan and my friend with cancer and two babies.
  • I did not hit the person who ran the red flashing light at the intersection by Magnolia.
  • I was happy with a friend who had good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....