Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Animal Day

Dillon is still very much in the land of the living. He (I did finally get a chance to flip him, and I think it's a he...it's very young yet) has already earned a nickname PT, short for Pocket Tiger and in honor of PT Barnum's famous axiom about suckers being born every minute.

PT/Dillon is exceptionally loving. All he wants is to be rubbed, scratched and held. He loves belly rubs, chin scratches, rubbing between the ears, and if you'll just hold your hand still in front of him, he will enthusiastically just sort of throw himself at it. To be as tiny as he is, he purrs like a miniature buzz saw.

He's still very staggery, though. I don't know if he's just young and uncoordinated or if he sustained damage yesterday. He can walk on his own, and he even jumped over my hand to get to his little Japanese teacup/dish of fishy food. We will just have to see how everything goes.

I was feeling kind of sick this afternoon, and I lay down for a nap. When I got up, I checked on Dillon and Roux came to see me. One side of her face is swollen. It looks like she got stung by a bee. She's poky this afternoon, too. Being a pit, she's not showing any pain, but if the swelling doesn't go down by tomorrow morning, I guess I'll have to load her up and take her to see the vet.

It's just been an animal day. I hope we'll all be as well or better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....