Thursday, June 01, 2006

Selling on eBay

Today I joined the ranks of sellers on eBay. I am trying to clean out some things that I don't use and to which I have no great sentimental attachment.

When I moved into this house, the cabinets and closets were full to bursting with things from my grandparents and other family members. I have slowly been sorting through it all. Right now, I'm auctioning off a set of Frankoma Plainsman dishes. Granny got them at some garage sale somewhere anyway, and I am not attached, so we'll see how it goes.

Now that the items are listed, I feel a little anxious. What if nobody bids? I feel almost protective towards those blue green dishes. Strange, but true. I am not looking to make millions, but I do hope the items go "to a good home."

Well, it's late, or early, depending on your point of view, and I think I'll try to go on to bed. Tomorrow promises to be busy. Dad is going to come down and we're going to try to finally finish off the great water heater problem and install a ceiling fan on my porch. Hopefully, we'll not have a machine curse day and we can get everything done.

2 comments:

  1. Do you by any chance have any colored aluminum on eBay? It is an obsession of mine. The Frankoma stuff is from the same era I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some. I like it, too, especially the tumblers. My great aunt had some of those and they always fascinated me.

    Right now, I only have the Frankoma and a horse figurine. There will be more stuff later on. I just have to gather it up and get it listed.

    How long have you been collecting the alumnium?

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....