Thursday, June 22, 2006

Getting Something Done

Today I finally escaped the inertia of the couch and started working on my bathroom. So far, I've gotten the top layer of the old contact paper off the walls. I am working on the paper layer underneath. Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow, I'll have clean walls to work with.

It's nice to finally get something started, if not completely done. This month, money has been tighter than usual, and for some reason, that's made me very lethargic. I suppose not being able to go through our local home improvement and get inspiration or knowing that I can't afford the paint and other things that I need have killed off my drive to get this going, but now that I've stripped this first layer, I am starting to regain some of it.

The bathroom won't be fancy when I'm done, but maybe it won't look like such a badly cobbled-together mess. It's the worst-looking place in the whole house right now. I am going to finish the walls, and with some clean paint and something done to the floor, maybe it can change. Unless I stencil Day-Glo clowns all over it and installed shag carpeting, I don't really see how it can get worse.

Well, I'm in the final stages of a major Goren fix (thank you USA Network), and I think I might actually be able to go to sleep before 2:00 a.m. Maybe my insomnia has been caused by the horrid bathroom? More likely, my recent indulgent sloth is responsible, but isn't it handier to blame it on the inanimate? :) Of course, I do have another Greg Iles sitting on the kitchen counter. I know if I crack the covers, I won't be able to put it down until I'm done. Temptations, temptations.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....