Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yard

I have to admit, I'm not much into yard work. My mom spends every sunlit hour outside building, landscaping, and grooming. Her yards are a work of art. Mine are more like a velvet Elvis painting.

I do mow once a week or once every two weeks depending on rain. My big orange Husqvarna zero turn helps that be a relatively pain-free task. It's a big grownup go-cart, and I still get a kick out of riding it.

I do not keep them up like Mom does, though. I don't like the weedeater and I absolutely hate the push mower. My yard, because it has steep grades in some places, requires both. It usually winds up with neatly groomed flats and raggedy slopes.

Right now, it's about due for me to get out with the trimmer and the push mower again. I generally wait until I just can't stand to look at it anymore before I can force myself to do something to it. I think today is that day. Maybe, though, I can just ignore it until it gets too dark to do anything and escape the chore for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....