Monday, July 24, 2006

Dillon Sees the Vet

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through. ~Jules Verne

I took Dillon to our vet today to get her healthcare started. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. She is just the sweetest cat I've ever seen. Even the vet commented on her gentle patience as they took blood, prodded, and probed her. She didn't even meow. She just looked up at me with those huge golden eyes and, whenever they let her go, climbed up my shirt to be held.

The vet took her to the back to take the blood sample for viral screening, etc., and all the doctors were called in to look at her shoulder problems. They said her shoulder injury could have happened anytime and that there's really no need to try to do anything for it. She goes everywhere she wants to go, including straight up things (mostly me), and she's not in any pain, so there's nothing that needs to be done. That was a relief. She's so tiny that I would be afraid of them trying to do surgery on her.

She's about eight weeks old right now, and in a couple of days, I'll know more about her bloodwork and general health. She'll go back for her first shots once the bloodtest comes back, and then we'll be well on our way.

When we got back from the vet, she and I curled up on the couch and the next thing I knew, we were both asleep. It was one of life's simple pleasures, and I think we both needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....