Monday, July 03, 2006

Staples (Not the Store)

I have been trying to get my bathroom prepped for painting, and I'm removing the old celotex ceiling tiles in part of the bathroom. Of course, nothing is ever easy. They'd been stapled REPEATEDLY to the ceiling. I've spent the past hour pulling individual staples with a pair of pliers.

May I just say that this isn't my idea of fun. A fine grit falls from the ceiling every time a tile comes down. I am wearing some of my oldest and rattiest clothing, a dust mask, gloves, safety glasses and a do rag for this job. This, of course, is one of those stylish outfits sure to bring out an emergency trip to somewhere with no time to change or a really cute guy.

I decided to take a break from the crap falling from the ceiling and eat some lunch. How long can one linger over potato soup? Dessert, anyone? I will have to get back to it soon to make sure I get it primed today, but geez, I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....