Saturday, July 01, 2006

Money! Money. Money?

Today was Shopping Day for July. I dragged myself into town and fought the crazy battle to provender myself for the next 30 or so days. It made me more tired than it should have, and I don't think it was because of the giant Sam's Club refugee cart I grabbed at Wal-Mart.

This constant struggle to keep my head above the quickly-rising financial waters is making me tired. I found myself looking at an item in the home improvement store today that wasn't really expensive and telling myself I couldn't afford such a luxury right now. When I got home, two different doctors and my monthly credit card statement were in the box. That precious paycheck, the one I had waited so long to get, is already gone, gone, gone.

I shouldn't complain. After all, I have all I need, and I'm really lucky to have as much as I have. I just wish I could reach a point where I didn't have to worry every month about paying everything.

I know this isn't something unique to my situation. I read in Time the other day that at least 41% of middle class working families can't afford health insurance. How did we get into this situation? When did it become so hard for people who are working non-McDonald's full time jobs to remain financially solvent?

Well, that's enough of that, probably. I just have to focus on the positive and keep my nose to the grindstone. Maybe once I can get through with this second MA, I'll be able to stay afloat without so much frantic baling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....