Friday, July 07, 2006

Prime and Paint

Geez, I hate painting. Words fail me. I can't come up with an adequate analogy to express how much I hate it. I don't paint stuff very often. I suppose I wait long enough for the horror to fade out before I get the silly idea to do it again.

Yesterday, I primed everything. It took FOREVER. The Kilz I used got gloppy toward the end and it left ridges in places. Today I put the wall color up. Tomorrow, I have to sand down the ridges, retouch the walls, paint the cabinets and trim, and finish up. As I said, I hate it.

The biggest part of it that I hate is doing it alone. When you have somebody else there to help, you can enjoy conversation or at least get all stupid and "accidentally" dab them with paint. Somehow, just being clumsy and covered with paint all by yourself isn't as much fun.

I'm still waiting to finish the cornice/light shade. I'm doing something tricky with some of my stained glass to try to get more light in there, and it's requiring woodwork as well, so it's slow going. When that part is done, I think the looks of the bathroom are really going to change.

I do have to say that it does look much better even with just this first coat on the walls, though. The bathroom is starting to look like something that wasn't accidental and thrown together. Hopefully, it will all be done by the end of the weekend. I can't take much more of my house being in tatters and trying to scrape paint off various portions of my anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....