Saturday, July 15, 2006

Poetry Site

Sorry, everyone, no platitudes, diatribes, allegories, or fantastic voyages tonight. At least not from me. I did want to share this website, though, for those of you who might not know about it. If you're interested in poetry, it's a good place to go poke around. My favorite part is being able to hear the poet read his or her own work.

I am in a productive phase myself right now, so the work of others is feeding me in that, too. When I was in the workshop, I was having a crappy day and a poem from Emily swooped in like words from God. Maybe they were. Maybe he was using her words to slap me "upside the head." Anyway, I'm trying to scrape up a couple of entries for a regional competition coming up, and I may try to shape up a few essays for entry or something.

I hope you enjoy the site. It's a source of great joy to me. With that, to bed. Tomorrow, I'll be writing to you from the land of Stark Vegas....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....