Friday, February 26, 2010

Disconnection

Just when I think that everything that can happen has, another bomb drops, another knock at the door happens, another tremor shakes the foundations.  I'm past the point of being able to respond appropriately, I think.  I feel a constant hum of it, a physical sensation, and everything else becomes a touch, too, unpleasantly so, every word, every action around me, as stress makes me too sensitive to everything. 

I drove home this afternoon with no sense of being in this world at all.  I'm sure there was music on the radio, and I'm sure that is was, as usual, up loud.  I'm sure that there were other cars on the road and that I drove my accustomed speed, but the only thing about it I remember was being amused that the song "Under Pressure" by Bowie was on as I stopped at a light and that I noticed it was starting to get dark.  I couldn't tell you with any accuracy if that's because it was late or because rain was threatening. 

Stability needs to return.  Until it does, I guess I'll huddle here and try to heal myself in this brief moment of respite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....