Monday, February 08, 2010

Podcasting

I finally got to go to a hands-on podcasting session today.  I am amazed how simple it finally turned out to be.  Sometimes, I just need somebody to sit me down and walk me through it.  (Kinesthetic learner, much?)  We used Macs and GarageBand, and never, never have I wanted a Mac so much as I did when we were working with that software.  It was just so freakin' easy.  Everything was intuitive and drag-and-drop simple.

As much as I love this little netbook for its size and portability, I wish it had some of the programs that MacBook did.   Why can't the computer companies "play nice" together and give us all something that's sort of the best of all of it?  I know, I know...and the spheres will align and cats and dogs will dance together....

Anyway, that little philosophical excursion aside, I think I can do the whole podcasting thing now.  I want to try to make a few on my own, and I have a couple of ideas for some projects for my classes, too.  I just need some time to plan.  It seems like my head is full to bursting with good ideas, projects, and units, but I have no time to plan.  All my time is consumed with red tape and trivia.  Maybe I can just focus on one big new thing and develop it in the next little while.  If nothing else, maybe summer will give me some time. 

My students do such amazing work with all the things I put in front of them.  They are naturally able with technology.  I just can't imagine what sort of wonders they would come up with if I can just get a little bit of time together to make a unit where their end product is a podcast.  It should be (once I get the groundwork done) a lot of fun, too.  Now if only we had a cart of MacBooks.....  Oh Technooooloooogyyyyyy......

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....