Thursday, February 04, 2010

Random Stuff

Nothing deep tonight.  I'm tired and a little sad tonight, so I definitely don't feel much like philosophy.  I don't want to talk about the sources of the sadness here, so I'm going to focus on totally irrelevant fluff instead.  Excuse my indulgence and escapism. Perchance it will elevate my mood.

I got my lightsaber chopsticks from ThinkGeek today.  They are awesome.  I can't wait to use them.  I got the Vader ones, so they're bright red, too, and cheery.  I don't know exactly how durable they will be, but they look great.  I will try to refrain from waving them around in the air and making sound effects. 

I also finally got a hard case for my iPhone.  I spend a long time looking at different cases and trying to decide, but I wound up with a wooden case made from actual redwood.  It feels really good in my hand, it protects the phone admirably, and it is really different from everything else I saw.  I love the fact that it's wood and not plastic or silicone.  It didn't cost any more than the other types of cases, and it even allows me to remove the bottom so I can dock it.  It was just what I wanted.

After being out of school for three days, it was so nice just to be back in my classroom today.  I missed my students so much.  They were glad to see me because they didn't have a huge pile of sub work, but I was glad to see them because it was them.  They're the reason I keep doing this, after all.

I'm getting ready to do Shakespeare's biography tomorrow.  I can't wait.  I love Shakespeare.  I know it may not thrill the students' soul, but it is always a highlight of my year.  Shakespeare makes me happy.  I hope the crew I have this year will go with me on the journey. 

I think this is enough random bouncing for tonight.  I'm going to go grab 72 pounds of  dog or so and go to bed.  Maybe a snoring pit bull will be a remedy for the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....