Saturday, February 06, 2010

What I Want for My Birthday

My birthday slips closer on little velvet cat feet, and people, especially my parents, have started asking me what I want this year.  I haven't the faintest idea.  I know I need to come up with some kind of list, but the truth is I don't know.  There isn't any one item or object I've been yearning for (well, other than a big Hemi Charger, and I think it unlikely that I'll get that for a birthday gift), and anything small I have a tendency to pick up for myself all along. 

What I really want for my birthday, of course, is not something that can easily be wrapped up.  I'd like a clear sense of where I'm going in the next few years.  Maybe somebody could give me a crystal ball of some kind.  Alternately, I could also use a big compass with a needle that always points toward the right thing, the right people.  Sometimes lately, I feel like I'm wandering a little lost. 

Then again, maybe I'm just supposed to get a sense of contentment for my birthday.  That won't be something I can get from anyone but myself.  Maybe that's what I'll see about wrapping up for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....