Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Things That Thrill Me

So apparently I'm getting a doc cam soon at school.  Freakin' YES.  I can't wait to have that thing set up on my desk and running.  I've been wanting one for years, and I've really been craving one since I saw a teacher at the school we visited in NOLA using hers with her AP classes.  There are so many applications for one in English that it practically boggles the mind.  I have so many things that I like to show students that I can just pop under the doc cam now and make huge.  Students can put samples of their own work up for discussion.  I can share my annotations on texts when we are doing discussion.  I guess, if things get really desperate, we can make hand puppets under it, too....

Tech stuff thrills me.  All the way down to my geekish socks and Chucks.  I know the toys are bells and whistles and that none of them are necessary for good teaching, but man oh man, they make the job so much easier, so much more appealing.  They also save me time and help me innovate.  Every time I get a new tool or have a new service placed at my disposal, my little brain starts turning, and I start coming up with new projects, new ways to approach my curriculum, new angles in to that knowledge.  It stays fresh for me and hopefully it's enjoyable and challenging for the students, too. 

We have some new things headed our way soon, and I have just been to a tech conference, so all I need now is a little time to scheme...er...plan.  That's what I meant to say.  Plan.  Right.  Plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....