Saturday, February 06, 2010

Wrack-a-frackin' iTunes

I have spent most of the evening trying to reload my iPhone.  This morning, iTunes notified me that it was time to download the newest version and I did.  I needed to update my iPhone, so I hooked it up after the upgrade was done, and that's when the real fun began.  I got the first error message telling me that iTunes didn't recognize my phone anymore.  It suggested reformatting my phone.  I had dropped it this morning, and although I thought it was okay, I thought maybe something had gotten messed up without my realizing it, so I decided to go ahead with the reset. 

After the reset, iTunes could recognize the phone, but all my apps were gone.  Nothing bought from iTunes would load.  I "wasn't authorized" on this computer anymore, never mind the fact that this is the computer I've been using the whole time....  AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH........

I redownloaded a new copy of iTunes and had it "repair" itself.  It then suddenly realized that, oh my gosh, yes, by cracky, it could connect to the iTunes store, and lookit, I really HAD paid for all that stuff (even if it was free), and it condescended to reload my phone very, very slowly. 

If you think it took a long time to read, you have no idea how many hours it took to do.  Thank God there were reruns of  I Love Lucy on to keep me laughing in the interval.  I have very limited patience with things like this anyway, so only Lucy cramming chocolates down her blouse and spying on Bill Holden coupled with the knowledge that fragile iPhones shouldn't fly kept me from playing expensive frisbee once or twice today.   Next time, I won't reset the phone.  I'll start with a clean install of iTunes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....