Friday, February 24, 2012

So He Made an Impression

And just like this, I'm going to make a liar out of myself.  Hm.  I figured it would work like this.  Heh.  No better way to get myself writing than by saying I have nothing to say....

But I can't get this one thing out of my head, so if I boot it here, maybe it will settle down and leave me alone.

I ran across somebody interesting.  It was brief, but it made an impression.  He was smart and funny, really clever and easy to talk to.  I actually liked his ideas.  They were logical, shrewd, well-thought out.   And he's in education administration. You just can't imagine how rare a combination this seems to be.

When I was listening to him explain why his school had a program that chose to meld dual enrollment with AP even though he believed AP to be the more sound thing educationally, it was like listening to a good general on the field making a tough decision.  I could respect that.  He had most of the general disdain and worry I usually feel about the potential for lack of quality in dual enrollment if it isn't carefully watched, but he'd found a very good way to ensure his students got the best of all possible worlds.  He was a pragmatist who knew how to work the system.  I think I might have been just the tiniest bit smitten.

It didn't hurt that he had sky blue eyes, either, and was probably born charming people with that smile.  Seriously, though, the more he explained how he ran his school, the more logic and order he outlined, the more sense and reason that fell out of his mouth, the better looking he got.  Is that wrong? (I'm sure that's wrong.)  I guess if you lean across the table and speak clever, practical education to me, I get all wibbly.....

This might be officially the first time I've ever been envious of another teacher's admin.  Who knew that was even possible?  I have no reason to think I'll encounter him again although I suppose I will see his teacher again in Washington when we meet back up in October.  Sigh.  Well.  I guess I'll just sort of have to consider it like a Superman sighting, encouraging just because you know he IS out there somewhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....