Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Distant Thunder

I'm finally home. I had a very tasty Italian sub thing Stouffer makes and some Vinegar and Salt potato chips (my favorite flavor along with Dill Pickle...which, I guess is really more or less the same thing).  I bought some groceries so I don't have to open my pantry and stare into the vast emptiness before grabbing a bag of animal crackers for lunch again. 

Now, I'm taking a few minutes to unwind.  In the distance, I can hear the sound of thunder.  It's been a long time since we had a good thunderstorm.  I hope it comes on and gives us some rain tonight.  It would be nice to sleep to the sound of falling rain, and we really need the water.  

I'm going to bed soon.  I'm tired.  Yesterday and today were 12+ hour days at school, and tomorrow will be, too.  I'm going to take a Mental Health Day soon just to catch up on sleep and grading.  Maybe if I sleep tonight to the sound of this oncoming weather then I will somehow soak up some extra rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....