Friday, December 07, 2012

Fantasy Christmas List

I have a whole saga to tell about my recent absence, but as of this moment, I want to focus on some happy stuff.  Hence...

If I could have ANYTHING I wanted for Christmas, I would ask for:


  • I just saw a documentary on the Doc Channel called The Bus Movie.  It was fantastic.  I have always liked the look and style of the VW microbus (me and millions of people, right?), but after seeing the documentary, I really want one.  I have this insane dream about driving across country, stopping at all the interesting places and the places that interest me (not always the same), and now that dream involves a VW bus.

  • An Alessi Nativity - This may not be your particular cup of tea, but there is something so charming to me about this set.  The pieces that go with it, angels, shepherds, Magi, are all also wonderful.  It isn't traditional, but it is wonderful in its cheery colors and joy.



  • A cartouche necklace.  Tacky?  Maybe.  But I've been fascinated by Egypt forever.  When we were little, my cousin L and I spent time learning how to write simple messages in (likely highly suspect) hieroglyphs.  I just did a lesson today with my classes about the grammar of hieroglyphic writing.  Someday, I hope to go to Egypt and see the real thing for myself in its native environment.  Until then, this would be very neat.



Only three things right now.  I might come up with some others later on.  I know you'll be on the edge of your seat waiting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....