Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Long Days, Tired Days

The past two days have been wearying.  Neither day did I get home before 7:00.  Both days, I ate bites of lunch between dealing with student issues and makeup work.

Yesterday, every piece of technology that could rebel did.  I think the devices coordinate these little coups at night while I'm gone.  Even the iPad was in on it.  I would try to type in a password, and it would type all sorts of gibberish all by itself.  It was as though it was trying to communicate with me and doing a really bad job.

Of course, as is ALWAYS the case, when our tech guy came to look at it, it magically had no problems.  Next time, I'm going to film the behavior with my iPhone so I won't feel like a freaking nut job when some exotic oddity arises in my equipment.

Today, I fought printers.  And printers.  And my MOBI.  And printers....  Then I graded until 6:00 when I left to go get 100 copies of 1984 from Books a Million.  While it's cool that I now have 100 copies of 1984 in the back of my car, the hour it took to get that accomplished was sort of the icing on a big crap cake.

Tomorrow promises to be another replay of today.  Grading.  Emergencies. A hurried lunch.  No moment for myself without someone who needs me.  A cold, dark parking lot waiting for me at the end of it.  I'm just about worn down to nothing.  I need the holiday to get here.  That may be selfish, but it's just  the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....