Friday, August 07, 2009

But Would Anybody Want to Hear It?

I've written some new stuff, and I really want to show it to somebody and get some feedback. I don't know, however, if it's any good. There's one piece that I think needs to go right straight in "The Drawer." There are a couple of others I have hopes for, though, and I wish I had somebody I could scurry to in the dark of night and slip the pieces of paper under the door, fervently looking left and right, and then run away again. Maybe I could be like Emily and pluck roses from my shrubs, tie poems around them, and hand them out to my friends. Unlike Emily, though, I lack the power to channel the fire and majesty of the universe's soul through my pen. I am writing, but really, does anybody want to hear it?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 PM CDT

    Cygnus - I've lost the memory of my password from my old blog (Sonnets of the Hermit). I hope you remember me!

    Have you thought of trying something like this? Scribophile. Another writing pal recommended the site and I'm getting up the nerve to try it myself.

    I need to catch up, but I do hope you are well and enjoying your too-short summer.

    Carole (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see you! I've been missing your updates, and I wondered where you were. If you get a new blog going, or start Sonnets up again, make sure you let me know. I have missed you. I'm going to check out Scribophile now.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....