Sunday, August 09, 2009

A General State of Badness

What do you do when someone you love hurts you? What is the best course of action to take? Do you just suck it up, hold it in, hide it deep, and smile through it? Should you rage and scream, cry and show the bloody wounds in hopes that somebody will sew them up? What's the recommended protocol for survival?

I can see both sides of this issue all too clearly, so as much as I want to cry and throw a temper tantrum, I suppose the current situation is something I brought on somehow myself. I can't say I'm not confused about it still, and I can't say that this horrible logical seeing-of-all-the-sides helps it not to hurt any less.

I also don't know how to let go of my pride and try to fix this. Or even if there is a way now to fix it. There have been hairline fractures for a long time, and apparently, with stress, those fractures have split open wide. I suppose even the strongest stone cracks given enough pressure.

All I do know is that I'm hurt, tired, and oh-so-ready to run away....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....