Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back

I lost yesterday entirely.  Another absolutely beautiful day slithered through the cracks of a migraine attack.  I woke up late and already achy, tried to ignore it, tried to sleep it off twice, tried to medicate it, and ultimately failed on all fronts.  The pain just kept getting worse and worse.  I remember very little of yesterday except that at one point I laughed a lot at something.  I wish I could remember what it was and whether or not it was really funny. 

I finally took a phenergan and went to bed.  Even the the light from my bedside clock was too much, but fortunately it has a dimmer switch.  I didn't even like the green glow from the charging light on my Kindle. I pulled the covers over my stupid aching head, all the cats piled up on me, and the phenergan did its job and rendered me unconscious.  I woke up about two, and all the little gears and levers in my brain seemed to have reset themselves.  When I got up to start my day today, I seem to be mostly okay, or at least as much as I am lately. 

I think today is going to be a good day.  I am going to see a movie today, something I've been trying to do for two days now.  I am going to assume I have turned some kind of magical "corner" with yesterday's headache as they always say and that I'm adjusting to this new dose now.  Otherwise, well, this is just ridiculous, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....