Friday, March 04, 2011

Run Away

Too tired to post last night.  I stayed at school late working and talking to a teacher friend, went to have dinner with Mom and Dad, something that's all too rare these days, and then I just sort of became unconscious when I got home.  It slipped up on me stealthily, and the next thing I knew, it was midnight, there was one of those horrid "oldies" infomercials on the TV with music on it that I grew up with, and the cats were all piled up on me.  I hate that.  It makes me feel like I'm eighty.

Today is now Friday, and I'm itching to run away.  I don't know where to, but I just want to get out.  Probably, I will wind up going nowhere since the weather is supposed to be ickish.  Maybe my grand adventure will only be into the pages of a book or the back aisles of an antique mall.  I don't know.  I've just itchy feet and cramped wings.  Days like this,  moods like this, make me want to show up at the airport with some crap in a bag and my passport and just tell the people behind the desk, "Send me somewhere good.  You pick it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....