Thursday, March 17, 2011

What I Want Right Now

A list presented in no particular order....

  • a banana milkshake from Sonic -- even though all food is currently unappealing or actually "of the devil," this actually sounds good.  I wish I didn't have to drive more today to get one because I also want....
  • my head to stop hurting -- yes, indeedy.  I have another damn migraine.  Which leads me to my next request for....
  • a migraine medicine that will actually make this stuff stop -- somebody somewhere has got to have something that will make my head stop hurting.  Even if it's a bullet.  And this of course leads me to thoughts of tomorrow and the fact that I also want....
  • my MRI to show that there's nothing up there but what should be -- even if that's mostly rusted wires and dryer lint. And currently a poem that won't come out.  So I guess I'd also like....
  • this poem to come out right and be something worthy instead of crap -- because everything I've done lately has been flushable.  Maybe I need to fall in love and have some drama to kick start the poetry engine in which case I guess I also need....
  • The "You" I've been writing to (not in the bit about the past.  Dear God, let's not confuse that one with the "You" I write to in my fiction pieces.  Two separate second persons...) to show up at my door on this moon-sodden night with open arms, a heart full of passion, and....
  • A banana milkshake from Sonic
See how that came full circle?  Symmetry, my friends.  Symmetry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....