Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Free

I feel better than I have in six months.  I know it's tempting fate to say that, but it's true.  After I got sleep last night and got the...um...giraffes to settle down somewhat (I know that last entry has got to be an all-time classic)...I feel wonderful.  It's fantastic. 

Other things are settling down, too.  Certain issues that have been up in the air awhile now are resolving themselves.  Peace is coming.  It's a rare lull and I'm happy.  I love it.

I've just put up a rather fierce-looking owl on my door as a part of a State-Testing incentive we're doing here, and while I don't know that he will encourage anyone to do better on that silly thing, he makes me grin.  A friend of mine brought me a sweet small owl from a trip he went on, so two new white owls came into my life today.  That, too, seems to be a harbinger of good change.

I am about to go get the necessary elements to make "happies" for my students tomorrow as they head into the writing test.  It's still sunny out; I'm leaving the pile of papers, much diminshed by recent bouts of grading I've been able to do since I've been able to FOCUS my mind actually instead of simply sit with it wandering in misery or pain, for tomorrow. 

I feel free and it's a delight.  I hope and I pray that this lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....