Monday, March 21, 2011

Tiny Hooves

I have only slept for about two hours in the past twenty-four, so this is going to get weird quick.  As my great role-model says, "Fasten your seatbelts.  It's going to be a bumpy night."  (God, I LOVE Bette Davis...)

The Topamax does NOT like it when I don't sleep.  I need more sleep than usual anyway, and it makes me need an extra dollop.  When it doesn't get it, it gets mad.  In fact, it gets right pissy about it.  Subtle, but really, really pissy.  I was warned about this, but I don't think the doctor managed to convey quite the full array of it, somehow.....

It started last night about three when I finally lay down to try to get what sleep I could before my iPhone alarm started chiming in that silly, faux-cheerful way it has, safe in the knowledge that I would never smack anything I depend on as much as it off its charging cradle no matter what the provocation.  My feet got cold and I could not get warm.  I mean, icy.  I tried everything.  I had enough clothing and blankets.  I even had assorted cattage on the bed.   I was freezing. 

This morning, or, as I like to think of it, "moments later when the alarm sounded," I got up, dragged myself into the shower, and I was still cold.  The shower helped, but all day, I've been off on temperature.  Worse yet, there has been this little rill of weirdness to accompany it.  It's like there is a herd of ...something...with hooves...racing under the surface of my skin.  I said earlier on FB that it was horses.  I'm revising that to be giraffes.  I think I can stand it if it's tiny delicate-legged giraffes.  It's not normal, and I'm definitely in need of a LONG, good night's rest if that is the preferable option, but this feeling is just freaking me all the way out.

I'm going to go try to eat something a little more formidable than the two bits of nothing that composed my breakfast (ha -- the Nutella ran out, of course) and my lunch (I had...something...cottage cheese maybe?) and see if the giraffes will quit circling long enough for me to go to pottery and clean up that greenware figure I started before Spring Break.  Maybe they'll....graze or something.  Whatever it is that giraffes do when they're soothed. 

Yeah.  I told you it was going to get weird.  I need a lot of sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....