Friday, March 25, 2011

A Long Flight

I still don't like flying.  Or rather, I like the sensation of flight, but I don't like the mechanics of getting on the plane, getting through security, fighting with the seats that are too small, and the "thousand natural shocks" that air traffic is heir to.  We now even have to pay for food in-flight, and this tiny indignity bothered me more than it should.

I read most of the trip, my Kindle once again proving worth its weight in gold.  Once we got on the ground and sorted luggage, shuttles, hotels, and so forth, we meandered around to the conference center, registered, found food, and bought a hat. 

Now I'm tired, jet lagged, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow.  It seems utterly impossible that I'm going to wake up tomorrow on the other side of the country.  Maybe it will be more real in the light of day.  For now, I think bed is in order.  Maybe I'll be more interesting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....