Thursday, May 05, 2011

Holiday from Myself

I need a vacation from my own self.  I have something in my head that I'm turning over and over obsessively, grinding it into tiny gritty bits that are abrading.  I can't let it go, won't put it down, and  I'm tired of thinking about out.  I need to escape myself somehow, climb out of this space between my ears and see something else for awhile.

(Warning:  Literary Allusion Commencing)

I'm like Hamlet.  I'm overthink.  I have a tendency to take even something relatively straightforward and question it until it becomes a four-fold path.  There are certain things for me that are never straightforward at all, certain topics that simply stick all the gears together.

I wonder if everybody is this way.  I wonder if everybody has something that "gives them pause," or if there are people who sail through life able to reach out and grasp those things they want sure of the consequences and confident of their ability to bear the costs, believing in the rightness of their turnings and the virtue of their footfalls down the road before them.

Right now, I don't even wish for that.  I just want to shake it all off me like an old overcoat and not even think about it anymore.  I just want to run, to spread my wings in the sun and be totally free of all of it, to go somewhere wonderful and fill myself with something else for long enough that when this comes up again, and it, bad-penny-like, must, it won't feel like something rubbing on a sore spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....