Monday, May 02, 2011

Tying the Knot (in It)

Lest you think this indicates something it doesn't I added the parenthetical...

I'll start out cheerily by telling you today sucked.  A lot.  I was greeted with a "command" from CO to sign something for a box that hasn't arrived yet meaning another shipment of my stuff has magically disappeared.  Uh-gin.  Who knows what portal to adventure this one slipped through.   I also found out a have a ream of paperwork due (stapled in neat bundles); I'm "behinder" than usual since I felt like crap all day Saturday and was fighting the battle of the Dying Fridge and had other stuff (house cleaning/family obligations/visitors) on Sunday.

The crowning touch came when one class started sharing horror stories of their "personal recreation" time and couldn't understand why I didn't want them to talk about said recreation activities and thought they needed to get smarter about their lifestyle.  It was frustrating and disheartening beyond all my ability to express.  I heard every cliche that will lead to a moment of agonizing revelation somewhere twenty or thirty years down the road , when the person wakes up at last.  They thought it was all very, very funny.

The sickness from the weekend combined with a lack of sleep making me shaky and weak. We had another bird in the building.   I felt completely sympathetic as it flew from end-to-end and vainly sought freedom against the relentlessly blocking glass.  The day finished with calls from the repairman telling me he could not come out to fix the refrigerator today...Maybe tomorrow!...and a horrible, ridiculous, depressing fightish call with my mother.  A headache hovers at my temples.  I am about to go to bed. I have to believe that even though tomorrow is Tuesday, it is going to be better.  If not, I am going to run away.  I've tied my knot to hang on, but my hands are too sore to cling for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....