Sunday, May 29, 2011

Untitled

It's a work in progress.  I'm trying to purge some things, obviously.  Feedback would be welcomed.  If you ask for my honest reaction on this one, I'll tell you, but you need to tag me.
___________________________________

Don’t misunderstand.
It’s over.

I will cut off this hand
before I ever allow it
to reach for you
again.

Tonight I perform the rites
to make myself free
drag out every pitiful secret keepsake
treasured up in the shadows
of my foolish heart
 throw them all away.

You have to go.

I will cut you out
bleed you clean
and though you will leave scars
they do not mark me as yours
are tactile reminders only
to be smarter next time.

They will teach me
to keep my hands to myself
 no matter the temptation
to trust no falsetame angels
 who trade a touch of something like grace
for a taste of my soul
to set up no altars
until I can bear the cost
of the sacrifice required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....