Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Feeling of Accomplishment

I can look out my doors and see the soft glow of Christmas lights.  This is the first time in three years that I can say that.  I know it's so much of nothing to everybody else, but the fact that I felt like putting up my lights, carried through with it, did all the other stuff I did today (rebuilt the step to one of my porches, fixed this and that with stuff from Lowe's, spray painted and rehung my little tulip chair squirrel feeder), it matters to me.

They're not just Christmas lights.  They are a victory.  Just like the Christmas cacti lined up in the window of my sunroom, they are a sign that I'm coming back to myself.  It's a very, very good feeling, indeed.

Tomorrow, I will get my tree and put out my Santas and nativities.  I know that the last twenty-something days until Christmas break at school will be insane, but at least I will have something nice to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....