Monday, November 19, 2012

Waking Up Again

a list of the things I have started doing again now that I'm no longer taking the Topamax:


  1. Waking up without feeling sick
  2. Growing Christmas cacti 
  3. Grading more papers without having to fight that enormous shut-down of my body every day
  4. Being able to remember things for longer than five minutes
  5. Crafting - including woodworking, crochet, painting, Cricut stuff, and plans for a stained glass window
  6. Cleaning
  7. Cooking
  8. Remembering people's names.  (Okay.  I'm still not 100% on this one, and I might never be. There is just something about names that gives me problems.  Characters, places, real people.   It's not nearly as embarrassing at it used to be, though.  Maybe whatever the Topamax did to me is undoing itself slowly.)
  9. Wanting to do things in my off time other than sleep.

It constantly scares me how much of my life disappeared into a hole while I was on that medicine.  I know I needed it, but I'm grateful now that I don't.  I hope I never do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....