Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Good Day

I'm cold.  I'm tired.  My hands hurt.  I'm covered with sawdust.  It's been a good day.

I got up early despite my best efforts to the contrary. It felt like a day to do things.  I called Dad, and he came with his truck.  Off to Lowe's we went.  I picked out paint.  I ogled Christmas stuff.  Finally, I found everything I needed and we came home.

I've been wanting to make a set of plywood Christmas ornaments to decorate my driveway for a long time now.  The idea came to me when I made the ghosts I put out for Halloween.  Making the ghosts, though, was a huge pain because of their shape.  Literally.  I only had a jigsaw even though the curves of them clearly required a scroll saw.

Today, though, my dad loaned me his scroll saw, and what a world of difference it made. I was able to cut curves with relative ease.  Even though I need a better work surface, I got much better looking results.

Tomorrow, I'll sand everything down and paint.  Then I'll be both ready for Christmas and be able to check off another thing I've been wanting to do for a long time.  It's really nice to be able to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....