Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stuff and Things, Etc.


In these bodies we will live
In these bodies we will die
And where you invest your love
You invest your life.
“Awake My Soul” - Mumford & Sons

After awhile, friction wears down the edges of the machinery.  Maybe that makes it run more smoothly sometimes.  For this particular engine, it’s starting to make everything just the tiniest - and most crucial - bit out of alignment.

I am so tired of watching people choose bad things, harmful things, things that will never help them achieve.  It’s like watching somebody in a burning house shoving away rescue.  Probably more precisely, it’s like watching someone dying of thirst refuse water.

Oh, it’s just another moment when I’m tired and sad and I don’t have anything left to give.  It’s nothing new.  That doesn’t really make it easier to deal with.  It is so hard to pull what it necessary out of a mostly-empty container.  I’m out of ideas about refilling it.

The quote from Mumford above has always been meaningful to me, never more than when I'm tired and sad, feeling defeated.  Maybe I've invested too much in this. Too much love.  Too much life.   I don't know how to turn away, though, and I don't know how to do it any other way.  I'm not sure I want to learn.

Maybe tomorrow will be Scarlett's "another day," and I will find a way to get over this.  One day, though.  One day.  I know I'm not going to get up or get over at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....