Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Go Away!

"When the superficial wearies me, it wearies me so much that I need an abyss in order to rest." -- Antonio Porchia

Everybody wants a piece of me today, and I don't have any pieces left to give. An organization I'm working with is driving me nuts between the administration and the participants. Work was long and demanding. I just want to hide out in my house and do the Kids in the Hall "Nobody's Home" thing when anybody comes around.

Some things are just not worth the hassle involved. Right now, about half the things I'm currently doing fall into that category. Once I can complete my obligations, I intend to get some of this off my back permanently.

I miss having time that's uncommitted. For awhile after I got back to the States, I was bored, restless, and looking for something to do. I found it in spades. I miss my weekends. With one thing and another, my weekends are gone. I intend to get them back.

This frustration will probably pass tomorrow, but for now, I hope there are no more emails, no more phone calls, and no more requests for time I don't have. For tonight, at least, I'm on strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....